Skip to content

Painters and Allied Trades


Painters and Allied Trades work in one or more of several crafts:

Coating Application Specialist (aka Industrial Painter): Industrial Coating and Lining Application Specialists apply/install protective coatings and linings to steel and concrete on complex structures, such as bridges and towers, ships and waterfront structures; manufacturing and processing facilities; and conventional and nuclear power generation facilities.

Drywall Finisher: Once the drywall has been securely installed,
Tapers fill the joints between panels with a joint compound. The process for finishing drywall has evolved over many decades and is an overlapping process in which each step or application has an effect on the next step.

Glazier: An Architectural Glass and Metal technician, called a Glazier, is responsible for preparing, installing and removing various kinds of glass, mirrors, and metal framing.

Painter-Decorator: Painters and Decorators apply decorative and protective finishes in residential, commercial, institutional and industrial settings.